Sandwell College is a great place to work with a huge range of benefits. We are proud to provide a supportive and inclusive environment in which our colleagues thrive, across our three college campuses in West Bromwich and Birmingham.
You'll be encouraged to innovate and be recognised for your contribution. Our culture of wellness, learning, development and inclusiveness shines through in all that we do. By having the best staff to support their journey, we provide exceptional opportunities for our learners. Our journey starts with you!
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing, Communications & Events professional to join our leadership team. Reporting directly into the Executive team, you will lead and manage a team and be responsible for the creation and delivery of the College's overall marketing strategy and plan to increase the number of students, raise the profile of the college and develop links with stakeholders.
Working with Executive team you will develop a comprehensive marketing strategy which innovates the way the college communicates and reaches its target audience and raise awareness of marketing value internally and develop bespoke campaigns for target audiences.
Acting as a spokesperson, host and lead for the college at events and publicity meetings, you will be the public face for the college, confident in addressing audiences and in conveying a professional image.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a marketing strategy to enhance college profile with potential students and stakeholders.
- Develop an engagement strategy of all client groups including students, employers and stakeholders.
- Develop communication routes to stakeholders and work with other colleagues to improve the College profile e.g., organising, developing and delivering showcase events.
- Promote HE to students and develop a focussed marketing cycle to increase recruitment.
- Increase applicant numbers and conversion to enrolled/funded students by developing and implementing new strategies and strategic advice.
- Develop social media channels and be responsible for their development and maintenance, as well as delivering training to staff on maximising the use of social media.
- Work specifically with the senior staff responsible for apprenticeships and the skills division to support the work in these areas to increase apprentice numbers.
- Improve conversion rates from application to enrolled student.
- Undertake student perception surveys and to engage with the student voice.
- Liaise with curriculum departments to develop and support their individual marketing activities.
- Develop internal communications in the College.
- Undertake market research and advise and support new curriculum development.
- Represent the Principal at stakeholder meetings and various functions.
- Educated to good degree level (or equivalent) with a relevant marketing qualification.
- A background in a people-based industry e.g. events, hospitality or further education.
- Proven track record in leading, coaching & developing a team to achieve targets.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large audiences, hosting and organising events with the ability to present a professional image.
- Demonstrable successful track record of campaign planning and marketing strategy.
- A strategic thinker with a hands-on attitude.
- Experience of developing marketing campaigns with strong digital marketing knowledge.
- Experience of organising showcase events and generating attendance.
- Good market research, reporting and analytical abilities.
- Excellent understanding of Social Media communication and development of content and material.
- Flexible approach to working hours due to some evening and weekend work on an ad-hoc basis.
- Innovative and able to work under pressure.
Rewards & Benefits
- Up to £65,000 pa.
- Incremental pay progression
- Generous government pension scheme
- 35 days holiday plus bank holidays plus 2 weeks closure over Xmas
- BHSF Healthcare cash plan
- Range of staff recognition and talent development schemes
- Extensive suite of well-being related activities and resources
- Access to fitness suite (Sandwell Site)
- Access to Bliss Hair Beauty Salon (Sandwell Site)
- Access to NUS Card for discounts on a range of high-street stores and outlets
- Airport parking and hotel discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Eye care support with costs of eye test and glasses
- Free and confidential counselling service
- Grocery and retail discounts
- Occupational pay during times of illness and family led leave (maternity, paternity and shared parental)
Please note all third party and direct applications will be forwarded to our retained consultants at Culture Recruitment Group.