2 weeks ago
Farnborough 23K - 24K Permanent
Job Reference: LWP459_1634035769
Culture are recruiting on behalf of a large building materials organisation for a Junior DevOps Technician to work alongside a Technical team of developers, engineers, product and technical managers to provide support for the company software products in the live production environment for their customers.
The company provide complex engineering software solutions that are widely used in the construction industry
The Junior DevOps Technician's role is to support the Technical Teams and their customers via remote deployment, roll out and configuration of business critical software packages. The DevOps Technician must also provide support by ensuring that our customers are able to use Software and 3rd Party Hardware (Label printers, CNC controlled presses) in a manner which allows them to effectively drive their business forward.
Duties And Responsibilities of the DevOps Technician
· Support technical staff in the remote deployment, roll out and configuration of business critical software packages into new customer accounts or, where upgrades are carried out, for existing customers.
· Advise and assist with customer configuration, maintenance whilst liaising with customers and/or 3rd Party IT on how to get the best out of software packages
· Liaise with the Software Development team to diagnose and resolve 2nd line customer technical support queries;
o Issue troubleshooting
o Hardware configuration and automation (CNC, Label Printers)
o Integration with 3rd party software packages
· Reporting and analytics for customers using SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Power BI and other similar technologies
· Support the transition from technical support focused approach to a more Dev Ops focus
Key Skills Sets & Attributes of the DevOps Technician
· Technical knowledge or background in a similar Industry
o Demonstrate experience in a similar Technical Support role on a Windows Technology Stack (inch MSSQL) with knowledge of Supporting Business Critical Software Solutions in a Client Server environment
o Ideally but not essential, experience supporting CAD/CAM design software
o Ideally but not essential, experience using a range of programs & languages (C#, GIT, Azure DevOps Pipelines, PowerShell, Crystal Reports, Docker)
· Experience providing technical support for business-critical applications.
· Help desk environment experience.
· Ability to think logically and demonstrate problem solving skills
· Ability to work autonomously and within a team to produce resolutions to issues.
· Ability to communicate complex information clearly, both verbal and in written form.
· Demonstrated passion and commitment to achieve results.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please apply and we can get in touch. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds including Application Support, Software Support, Development Operations Support and Software Specialist