Are you an experienced Health and Safety Manager with Insurance or Financial Services knowledge?
If so, this could be the ideal role for you. You would be responsible for all health and safety legislation is implemented and all policies and practices are being adhered to. You will be responsible for a consistent approach to Health and Safety and lead best practice across the business developing a strong safety and environmental culture along with minimising operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
You will be working with key stakeholders and senior management across the business, on-site and covering field-based colleagues UK wide. There will be travel involved and therefore you will need to be able to drive, when you're not on the road visiting sites or field-based colleagues you'll be working from home.
Day to day you will..
- Provide specialist advice on all Safety & Health related matters.
- Ensure that the Company First Aid arrangements and Occupational Health provisions are adequate.
- Manage the Health & Safety Manual and all included documents and arranges for routine revision of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Co-ordinate health & safety activities and manages the establishment and maintenance of appropriate health & safety communications
- Audit performance against Key Performance indicators and correct safety behaviours, and takes remedial action as required.
- Ensure all accidents are investigated by competent investigators, ensures root causes have been identified, and ensures that corrective actions have been completed.
- Investigate and report on major accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences. Ensures all statutory reports are submitted and Senior Managers are informed as required.
- Liaise with appropriate enforcing authorities, key stakeholders and neighbours as required.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out and ensures that actions arising from the assessments are completed satisfactorily.
- NEBOSH Certificate (ideally but not essential)
- Proven track record in, and extensive practical experience of H&S in a fast-paced environment including contact with appropriate external organisations
- Passionate about Health & Safety, able to lead & influence at all levels and facilitate change
- Demonstrable compliance to legislation and use of problem-solving skills / personal judgement as well as policy adherence in order to make optimum business decision
- Must be computer literate