A prestigious and growing Insurance company based out of Telford is recruiting a Senior Assessor to join their company in a remote working basis and on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is still thriving despite the difficult economic climate.
To investigate customer health claims/underwriting and to make decisions on all types of technical claims and underwriting to agreed standards of speed and accuracy, up to specified authority levels, following the claim's philosophy and agreed best practice standards. To develop and utilise all appropriate technical claims knowledge sources internally and externally.
- Ensure understanding of customer claim requests and take personal responsibility for ensuring that all needs are understood and that all elements will be met first time, accurately - in line with our "Once and Done" philosophy
- To provide accurate statistical and management information as required
- To ensure adherence to Corporate Governance requirements, with particular reference to internal company authority limits, client (Aviva) authority limits, and reinsurers' limits
- To liaise with the legal, complaints and media function concerning cases escalated to legal, complaint referrals and media cases
- To maintain an understanding and awareness of the companies Life risk policies relevant to this role (mainly compliance, reputational, operational, and expense risks)
- Permission or training to underwrite and authorise claims in line with the:
- The company authority Matrix (expected full competency level 3 for at least two claim types)
- Technical Claims policy
- All applicable reinsurer's Claims Authority Limits (CALs)
- Follow the exact Exclaim and ALPHA processing requirements, including approved and documented "work arounds" at all times
- Minimum six years Life & Health experience, ideally in a Claims related or Life & Pensions technical environment.
- Experience of underwriting reinstatement's and ad-hoc policy increases desirable
- Experience managing a team of assessors
- Experience Dealing with income protection claims
- A levels/FPC1&2 or equivalent minimum, ACII/DMS (AMU) (or Claims Diploma) desirable
Would also consider for the role experienced Senior Claims Analysts, Senior Claims Supervisors, Senior Claims Handlers, Senior Insurance Handlers, Senior Insurance Analysts, Senior Insurance supervisors or Senior Health Assessors