Our client, a leading financial services brand, is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Project Manager to join a newly established project management team. This is a hybrid role, 3 days per week in their Derby office and 2 days remote working.
Sitting within the Proposition department, you will be responsible for successfully leading on medium to large scale business projects. As a project manager within a busy team, you will be working on multiple projects simultaneously, managing the full lifecycle to time, cost and quality targets to ensure benefits are realised, both during the project and following completion.
- Act as the main point of contact on projects
- Develop and maintain positive engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver project outputs to agreed baselines including, time, cost and quality. Reporting on forecasts and the health of projects implementing mitigating actions to recover projects where appropriate.
- Lead on multiple medium to large sized projects simultaneously, proactivity managing risks and independently problem solving to ensure the best outcome for projects and the business.
- Work within project standards, process and procedures and input into continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with the Head of Transformation to improve and implement process and standards for project management across the business.
Experience as a project manager within a client/customer centred business is required for this role. Full training will be provided to ensure you can quickly get up to speed, but to be successful in this role you need to demonstrate:
- Experience of managing business change and/or IT projects, creating, and maintaining project plans and project documentation including RAID logs using a variety of tools including MSP, Excel and JIRA.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to quickly and effectively adapt and respond to changing demands
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience of waterfall and agile methodologies
- PRINCE2 or APM PMQ
- Experience of working within Financial Services.
Benefits & Rewards:
- £Negotiable depending on experience
- Matched share scheme
- 25 days paid holiday, plus all bank holidays, rising to 28 days with each year of service. There is also an option to buy / sell holiday
- Pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free fruit boxes
- A Voice! We welcome and value everyone's opinion and encourage you to tell us how we can improve what we do and how do it, both as a team and as a business
- A great working environment, with friendly and supportive colleagues
- Plenty of learning opportunities, including subscriptions, training courses and lunch & learns
- Regular social events, including Summer and Christmas celebrations
- Flexible working arrangements
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that has a diverse and inclusive workforce, where your 'voice' is heard and that positively supports its employees' personal and professional development.