Senior Strategic Product Manager - Based Shrewsbury (2/3 days p/week flex) £40-£50,000 doe
The Senior Strategic Product Manager will have responsibility for the management and performance of our product ranges. With a deep understanding of the market requirements and supported by Product Managers, the Senior Strategic Product Manager will optimise our product offerings to drive bottom line growth. This role supports the company strategy to create high-performing, market-led offers through simplified product ranges and value-added propositions.
- Develop lean processes to simplify current range and drive efficiencies in managing our product portfolio. Develop and implement product KPI to proactively manage the range and abort stock obsolescence.
- Product strategy - develop strategic plans for each category/range. Set performance tracking which provides insights and actions.
- Lifecycle management - manage products from inception to launch to performance peak to discontinuation to disposal (Introduction, Growth, Maturity, Decline).
- New product introduction - identify opportunities in the marketplace which warrant the addition of new products into our portfolio
- Pricing - set pricing strategies and set and manage pricing for the product portfolio.
- Promotion - create core content and collaborate with Marketing Communications to develop rich, engaging, sales-driving listings, collateral and campaigns.
Skills and Experience
- Highly analytical in approach
- Strong Excel skills
- High level of commercial aptitude
- A highly-motivated, driven attitude towards achieving personal and commercial success
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate in multiple formats at all levels in the organisation
- Good organisational and time management skills including the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Strong English language skills, written and spoken word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Cultural Awareness