Excellent salary + benefits + car allowance
We seek a confident, organised and proactive individual who can play a key role in the development LEVC's current and future product plan.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Director, this role will oversee the development and delivery of LEVC's future global Product Strategy for both Cargo vehicles and Commercial Passenger Vehicles. In addition the role will oversee the development and delivery of particular strategies for Accessories, Telematics and other services.
The work is often challenging and fast-paced and the candidate will need to be able to manage juggling various projects at the same time and work with sales teams, marketing teams, engineering, finance external agencies and senior stakeholders.
The Strategic Product Manager will understand competitive future product developments, technology and market (customer) trends. With this insight the role will identify market sectors in which LEVC should compete and lead the development of plans to exploit these.
This role will work closely with other members of the Product Team, in particular the Product Managers for Cargo and Passenger Vehicles, to achieve the team's objectives.
- In conjunction with other Product Managers in the LEVC team lead the Product Emergence Strategy and develop market positioning proposals for new vehicle programmes and for new peripheral services (ie: Accessories, Telematics). This will include identifying potential new sectors for LEVC to compete in (Bus, HGV, e-bike are examples of potential areas of future interest)
- Develop a complete understanding of the commercial / business opportunity in these sectors and be able to identify why the proposed sectors should be selected.
- Undertake analysis of pricing, specification, technology trends, customer research, to support each project.
- Own and manage the LEVC Product Cycle Plan
- Lead the Product Strategy relationship with other Geely partners
- Lead the Product Strategy relationship with LEVC Engineering (and other Geely brands)
- Manage all product inputs into the Product Gateway process (NPDS)
- Educated to degree level or relevant industry experience
- Can demonstrate strong Commercial skills. Can lead Business case investment decisions
- Organised and structured
- Ability to communicate at all levels. Includes ability to clearly state requirements and hold out for what really matters (needs) whilst being able to trade wants
- Detailed understanding of the automotive market and current product and technology trends
- Strong analytical skills
- Clear ability to function effectively in a multi-disciplined commercial team, under time pressure
- Candidate will have significant automotive experience within a product development role (ideally in the automotive sector)
- Candidate will have relevant experience of automotive product development processes and market trends
Any third party CV's or direct applications will be sent on to Culture Recruitment.