Position: Financial Controller
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 (DOE)
Location: Coventry Area
A chance to join a governing body for a not-for-profit organisation as the FinancialController based out of the Coventry area. The Financial Controller provides timely and accurate financial information to the CEO and the Board while ensuring the Charity's financial compliance. The post holder manages accounting and financial reporting, planning and budgeting, tax, payroll,
pension, gift aid, cash management, purchasing, credit control and membership reconciliation.
- Working as a central member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), to support the CEO and COO in the delivery of the organisation's operational plans.
- Responsibility for all accounting functions, including the purchase, sales and nominal ledgers, payroll, credit control and investments.
- Controlling the organisation's financial resources, in accordance with the strategic plan and agreed policies as directed by the CEO, and to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Financial planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- Leadership, supervision, performance management and resourcing of the finance team.
- Identification and management of key financial risks and, where necessary, to introduce any controls for protecting the organisation's funds and other assets.
- CCAB qualification (ICAS, CIPFA, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA).
- Substantial financial accounting experience within the last three years.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a small finance team.
- Previous experience of business reporting to aid management decision making. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of charitable / not for profit accounting and statutory reporting would be advantageous. (Desirable)
We look forward to receiving your application and will consider candidates from similar backgrounds who have Finance Management Experience such as: Finance Manager, Senior Finance Manager, Finance Controller, Company Accountant, Chief Accountant, Head of Finance, Head of Accounting.