Role: Claims Assessor
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (DOE)
A prestigious and growing Insurance company based out of Telford is recruiting a Claims Assessor to join their company in a remote working basis and on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is still thriving despite the difficult economic climate.
To investigate customer health claims/underwriting and to make decisions on all types of technical claims and underwriting to agreed standards of speed and accuracy, up to specified authority levels, following the claim's philosophy and agreed best practice standards. To develop and utilise all appropriate technical claims knowledge sources internally and externally.
- Ensure understanding of customer claim requests and take personal responsibility for ensuring that all needs are understood and that all elements will be met first time, accurately - in line with our "Once and Done" philosophy
- To provide accurate statistical and management information as required.
- To develop and utilise own knowledge and experience of cost-effective claims management techniques consistent with industry practices, and to ensure cost efficient implementation of process changes.
- To ensure adherence to Corporate Governance requirements, with particular reference to internal company authority limits, client (Aviva) authority limits, and reinsurers' limits.
- To liaise with the legal, complaints and media function concerning cases escalated to legal, complaint referrals and media cases.
- Control of material financial commitment on behalf of the company, involving hundreds of thousands of pounds per month, requiring considerable knowledge and expertise.
- To maintain an understanding and awareness of the companies Life risk policies relevant to this role (mainly compliance, reputational, operational, and expense risks).
- Permission or training to underwrite and authorise claims in line with the:
- The company authority Matrix (expected full competency level 3 for at least two claim types)
- Aviva Technical Claims policy
- All applicable reinsurer's Claims Authority Limits (CALs)
- Dealing sensitively and professionally with potentially traumatic and personal customer situations and circumstances. This includes handling difficult customer situations and complaints
- Follow the exact Exclaim and ALPHA processing requirements, including approved and documented "work arounds" at all times.
- Minimum two years Life & Health experience, ideally in a Claims related or Life & Pensions technical environment.
- Experience of underwriting reinstatement's and ad-hoc policy increases desirable
- A levels/FPC1&2 or equivalent minimum, ACII/DMS (AMU) (or Claims Diploma) desirable
Would also consider experienced Claims Analysts, Claims Supervisors, Claims Handlers, Insurance Handlers, Insurance Analysts, Insurance supervisors or Junior Health Assessors