Amersham or Birmingham
we are proud to be recruiting for a leading independent UK consultancy in investment and insurance.They strive to employ colleagues who share their values and can bring special skills enhancing the service that they provide to their clients.
We are recruiting for a Public Relations Manager / PR Manager in Amersham or Birmingham.
The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing effective public relations strategies to enhance the reputation and visibility of their company. Working closely with senior management and other teams within the company to develop and execute communication plans, as well as manage media relations and crisis communications.
The PR Manager will manage one direct report and manage our strong relationship with a well-established PR Agency.
Key duties and responsibilities-
- Setting our annual PR strategy.
- Develop and execute comprehensive public relations and communications plans to support the marketing objectives, including managing our key media spokespeople.
- Oversee all media contact to ensure press release and media relations activities are taking place efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and execute events and other public relations initiatives to increase visibility and reputation.
- Manage all crisis communications and develop crisis management plans.
- Monitor and analyse media coverage and provide regular reports to senior marketing management.
- Collaborate with other teams within marketing, such as campaigns, digital and design to ensure cohesive messaging across all channels and campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including media, industry influencers, and other external partners.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to be featured in industry publications, thought leadership pieces and digital broadcasting (ie TV, podcasts etc).
- As the main contact with our PR agency, you will manage and oversee their work to ensure that they are aligned with the company's goals and objectives and perform against key metrics.
- Ensure that the PR team have access to the right technology and manage licenses to ensure all activity is lawful.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and changes, and adjust strategies accordingly.
- To act as a key representative.
What we are looking for -
- University degree in public relations, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in public relations, preferably in a professional services or corporate setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in media relations and crisis communications.
- Proven track record of creating and executing successful public relations campaigns.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the professional services industry is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organised, and able to work well with colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Experience of managing people and external PR agencies.